Saturday, February 3, 2007

The King of Attolia.

TURNER, Megan Whalen. HarperCollins/Greenwillow. Tr $16.99. ISBN 0-06-083577-X; PLB $17.89. ISBN 0-06-083578-8.

Gr 7 Up –In a slick political and personal maneuver, the former Thief of Eddis has married the Queen of Attolia and must convince her court and her countrymen that he is a competent and caring ruler. This rich and multilayered novel, the third about Eugenides, is told with verve, and will create legions of fans for the newly minted and largely misunderstood monarch. (Feb.) SLJ Best List

Great romance and adventure in one title. Sequel (THE THIEF, THE QUEEN of ATTOLIA) we have been waiting for. The series has grown with our readers.
KP

1 comment:

Kimmels said...

I'm not sure I'm going to finish reading this book but I wanted to comment about why. I have been a fan of the series but it has been a while since I read the first two and I found this newest entry difficult to follow without the others. Maybe it's just me, but I have had trouble engaging with this latest in the series. I'm not sure it stands on its own.